Driving Distances Makes Symptoms Bad.

Loulou

Does anyone know ways to help make things easier when driving really long distances???

I really need some suggestions.

This probably won't be very helpful, as it seems obvious I guess, but I was told to keep my legs up on the dash as much as possible, drink lots of water, and keep the car really, really cool (like 65 degrees). Stopping every 1-2 hours is good, too. If you are driving you can stop, walk around, and lay the seat back with your legs up for a few minutes just to help with pooling. Also, you shouldn't spend more than 6-8 hours in the car total. And avoid singing to the radio, as singing can exacerbate POTS. I don't know if that's what you have, but for me that works.

I have to drive 7 hours to the doctor, so this is what they told would make that much easier.

I would like to know the answer also. We just drove 17 hours over 3 days time and i have never been sicker I have been so sick now for 10 days, I would suggest not doing it. I am trying to figure out how to get back home.

I would like to know the answer also. We just drove 17 hours over 3 days time and i have never been sicker I have been so sick now for 10 days, I would suggest not doing it. I am trying to figure out how to get back home.

Hippychic .. this weather we have been having in the DFW area the last 3 weeks has really made me feel bad. I wonder, as you start driving, the closer you get to home the more back to your "normal" POTS self you will feel?