Anyone With Othostatic Hypertension But Not Pots?

kayjay

I have POTS and oi. I am asking this question because my 12 year old is hypertensive and I am starting to think that OI may be the problem. I did a "poor man's tilt" and did not see the 30bpm "bump' of POTS.

If anyone here just has oi... or had oi before pots, can you let me know. I am wondering if I need to push for a tilt table test. THANKS

Hi Kayjay ~

Sorry your son is still having a hard time. My prayers are with you and him. I also have OI. I can go from one extreme to the other. My doctor has used the 24 hr holter monitor many times, as he feels it is like a portable tilt table and gives him lots of information. Less expensive. Maybe that might be a way to start. I wish him the very best and think of you often. : )

Love,

Bellamia ~

An inexperienced doc DX me with POTS but I do not meet the criteria, my HR jumps randomly more than 30 not necessarily when standing (inappropriate sinus tachycardia) . I have OI and a slew of other Dysautonomia issues. I was able to do poor mans TTT of laying down having BP taken and then stand up very still for 2 minutes and I dropped a difference of 19/8, 20/5 and then again 20/10. Neuro said it was clearly OI. Let me know if I can help.

Thanks Bella! He is having his 2nd 24hr blood pressure cuff tomorrow. I think I need to go back to a cardiologist. We have been seeing a nephrologist. I am not really seeing POTS with him but the high blood pressure thing is just so strange!

Did the nephrologist check his renin and aldosterone?