Question About Symptoms Getting Worse

So my concern is how bad can I expect my symptoms to be when i start to walk again? How hard is it going to be for my body to adjust to the upright position after 5 months? I am having anxiety about this I don't want to cause all my symptoms to come back. DOes anyone have there own experience with this?

Thanks

Hi hippychick,

First of all, I don't really know what your symptoms were/are, but you can definitely do this. It will take a while, you might even have a setback or 2, but you can do it. Keep telling yourself that.

Don't push yourself too hard, take it one day at a time, and if some days you don't feel like you're up to it, there is always the next day, but at least try to be sitting in bed, or better yet in a recliner or in a comfy chair, rather than be laying in bed. It helps your body readjust.

Try to think positive. I know it's hard, it's also normal to be scared, but you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

Take care and let us know how things go for you.

You can do it!

Best,

Alex

Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!! Right now when I sit up I get vibrating sensations and head pressure no tachycardia, and dizziness and it will last quite a while.

I think everyone is different but it's important to set small baby-step type goals for yourself, so you can achieve them and feel good about it. After being mostly bed-ridden for a few months last year, I started by just doing more things on my own around the house. Then, I moved on to walking the dog...I started out with only about 3 minutes and when we got to our best, we (we meaning my dog and I) were walking about 3 miles at the state park. We worked up to that over about 3 months. The hot weather has set me back, so we can only do 20 minutes right now and only if it is a cool morning. I do feel a certain amount of guilt about this but I have learned that forgiving myself is one of the most important skills I can have right now. I know that September is around the corner and we will be back to my doggy's favorite park trails soon enough. In the meantime, I practice patience. I think the thing is to celebrate making even a little progress..if you can walk two or three more steps than the day before, then celebrate instead of dwelling on what will happen tomorrow.

Hippy-- do you have anyone in your family or friends to help be your health advocate? Like someone who is knowledgeable go with you to Dr appts and help push for better care etc? It really makes me feel bad that you are bedridden. I don't know what your situation is with your Drs, but It sounds like you need someone who can help manage your care. I've never been bedridden, so I can't advise you on how to get out of bed. But I'm super familiar with anxiety. An SSRI really helped me overcome soooo many fears that POTS created in me like driving, shopping, carrying my babies, exercising etc... Once I got a grip on my anxiety, I started to feel better about those situations! Its now been 6 months and I'm 95% functioning normally. Are you on any medications? I know for a lot of us POTsys it takes meds to get us up and functioning. Have you inquired about cardiac rehab with your Cardiologist? Florinef? Beta blockers? Mididrone? Anything that can help stabilize you?