In a POTS Hole.....

guvna2004

Hi if your reading this thanx.

Latley ive been in a deep hole, ive not been to well over the past few months, but im pulling through. Ive been trying to exercise but i find my intolerence wont allow me to, which make me worse cos i think im unhealthy. Moneys a bit short at the moment so eating the right proteins ect, is hard as i only usually have about ?20 a week to spend on shopping. My head hurts, i get pains all over my body, i cant stand up without feeling like im gonna pass out or something ( altough i never have passed out ). I just need some support. Thanx

Count me in the hole too! I guess we may as well make the best of it while we're all down here. So let's party. :unsure:

All kidding aside..i'm sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time. Have you tried to do floor exercises at first and then gradually build up to standing in time if you can? Also, do you have parents, friends or a relative that perhaps you can lean on for some additional emotional support right now? Perhaps a mother or father can lend you a little money to make sure you can eat the right things your body needs?

Mediatation and prayer always uplift my spirits. I imagine a ray of white/golden light inside my body, healing it from the inside, all of the cells renewing, recharging and repairing and then aligning and balancing all of the inner workings. I concentrate on each part of my body moving from my feet up to my head. Sometimes I have to do it several times a day, and I actually feel physically better after doing it.

Some other things to try, read some funny books, rent humorous movies...anything to make you laugh and take your mind off of all your symptoms right now. After all, laughter is the best medicine. You may even search on the internet for a funny joke site. I found this link on the dinet board under funny POTS stories. http://www.geocities.com/cfsdays/follies.htm

It gave me a few hours of amusement. Some of them I laughed so hard until I cried.

Please hang in there James. Apparently there several of us in the hole right now, and we'll all get through it toghether. :angry:

If we all stand ontop of each other we can get out right? Can i go first cause im the youngest.

Lol, I feel alot better when i've had no sleep and ate nothing, sounds mad but thats me. Also everytime i have symtoms i always think the worst even though ive survived 2 and a half years and have had the symptoms none stop 4 2 and a half years. Its like we forget how we felt the day befor, we never feel better in ourselves only worse. lol

James,

Glad to see you're maintaining your sense of humor throughout this difficult spell. As far as you climbing out of the POTS hole first....whatever happened to chivalry...shouldn't ladies go first? Just kidding. :unsure: I pray we all get out very soon.

take care

Gena

James,

Glad to see you're maintaining your sense of humor throughout this difficult spell. As far as you climbing out of the POTS hole first....whatever happened to chivalry...shouldn't ladies go first? Just kidding.  :unsure: I pray we all get out very soon.

take care

Gena

Thanx, very inspiring, i just did a big of cleaning and felt very tiered, prolly casue i had about 4 hours sleep last night and 1 hour the night befor. And tonight i got sum friends round, who drink, arrrr. Can i resist temptation?

Hang in there, I think there are many of us in the POTS hole or canyon as Morgan said! I'm gonna check out the site Gena suggested, I could use a laugh too. Please hang in there and let us know how you are, also know you aren't alone. Maybe it is the time of year or something? Who knows?

Wishing you better days,

Danelle

Gena, I need to ONE of my little stories.

I was talking to my husband on the cordless phone and while carrying my glass of gatorade in the other hand. I was just rambling on to him, then suddenly I realized he wasn't answering. I kept saying, "Hello? Hello?". No response. I had been walking through the house when he called and instead of setting down my glass of gatorade, I sat the phone down and was talking into my glass!! :P:D It took me a few minutes to realize what I was doing. When I went back to the phone, my husband was still there and as I tried to explain what happened, he interrupted and said, "It's ok honey, I know you're having a rough day." I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time. Now when the phone rings, I stay in one place with nothing in the other hand!!!

Danelle

Danelle,

That's an excellent story. Thanks for giving us some laughter (at your own expense, of course! :D )

I can say that I've never mistaken my glass of Gatorade for a cordless phone. (At least not yet anyway. :P

Gena

i also feel better when i dont sleep and dont eat, pretty screwed up right? wish i had a remedy that would give immediate relief, just try to remember that the feelings of hopelessness and depression will lift, even if the physical stuff doesnt change, hang in there,

radha

I'm pretty sure my dad has some of this stuff. But have to tell you this. He burned his lip really badly on some tea he forgot was hot. He called my sister (they both live in southern Idaho) and she told him to get some lip balm. A couple days later, he called her and said he was so miserable he couldn't stand it. So she went over and his lips looked awful! She asked him to show her the balm he had gotten. It was a wart remover stick...... :P I haven't beaten that one yet, I don't think, but then I can't remember..... :D morgan