Droxidopa (Midodrine's Heir) News...stage Iii Trial Report

Oh my gosh, this is what I always thought was causing hypotension, an inability to produce norepinephrine on standing, since I get hypertension on standing an my norepi almost triples on standing. So, I thought the opposite was happening for those of us with hypotension. I'd never seen that written in the medical literature until this study.

Even though the hypertension isn't great, at least it allows me to stand without fainting. The body does amazing things to compensate doesn't it.

About Neurogenic Orthostatic Hypotension

Neurogenic OH is a chronic neurogenic disorder resulting from deficient release of norepinephrine, the neurotransmitter used by sympathetic autonomic nerves to send signals to the blood vessels and the heart to regulate blood pressure. This deficiency results in lightheadedness, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, poor concentration and fainting episodes when a person assumes a standing position. Symptoms of chronic Neurogenic OH can be incapacitating, not only putting patients at high risk for falls and associated injuries, but also severely affecting the ability to perform activities of daily living that require standing or walking.