Holter Showed Hr "pauses"

E246

Finally my holter showed rapid tachy top rate 250 and brady of 43bpm. Not sure why it took so long to be believed.

But it also showed "pauses". Was told that this happens and was normal?

Anyone know anything about this.

Seems they were during day and night and happened a few times.

Emma, a pause is just that, a pause between beats of the heart that originate in the SA node, the usual "pacemaker" of the heart. If the pauses are too frequent/ too long (usually greater than two seconds) it can be an indication for a pacemaker, but Ibravadine, beta blockers, and calcium channel blockers like diltiazem can all cause bradycardia and sinus pauses.

Thanks,

It was definitely "pauses" and the doc then attributed feeling ill that day to having had these pauses.

Hyper - that is helpful. There are a few indications that I may end up with a pace maker because of the brady. But I am not on any meds apart from 1/3 fludrocortisone. Could this cause the problem I wonder.

No, Florinef won't affect your cardiac conduction (unless it causes low K or Mg which it can but less likely at the low dose you are on, but would still check if you haven't already). My HR has gone as low as 42 on several occasions that i have just picked up on my BP monitor. If you don't have syncope you are unlikely to need a pacemaker (unless the pauses are frequent/long.)