Epilepsy As A Cause Of Pots Via Lack Of Oxygen To Brain

POTLUCK

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/7821273

These spike wave discharge, among other types of discharge showed up on my inpatient continuous monitoring EEG. I was told these ones were insignificant despite being pervasive thougout EEG by the neurologist. The others she could not explain, so gave me epilepsy diganosis again ( diagnosed 20 years ago ) of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.

I just started having "seizures" during syncope over the last week or two. I'm 38 years old and never have had seizures, of course, I'm not awake and relying on my family to describe it. I do know that I've had incontinence with these (sorry if TMI) nd never had before. The whole scope of my illness is gradually changing. I'm having a lot of one side of the body spells- where I can't do anything on that side. It's numb, I can't see, my leg twitches....

Every week or 2 things change...

J

I'm not following how epilepsy causes pots. I have petite mals regularly when I'm upright but not

while laying down. So I thought my oi / hypoperfusion caused the petite mals. Dr peckerman has

an article on this. Fwiw tho, I had petite mals as a kid but never as often as I do now.

My neurologist wanted me to stay awake all night prior to having an eeg, so I declined it. That was right after

having a 2 hour seizure so I wasn't willing to risk it.

Tc .. D

Dizzy-Dr Low did something on this briefly in a video someone posted on here. About how epilepsy can affect the autonomic nervous system, or low oxygen can cause the epilepsy. He did not give a lot of info. I have had the Partial Complex Seizure Diagnosis ( Temporal Lobe Epilepsy ) for 20 years and have seen in many sources that it can affect the autonomic nervous system. I never thought it was affecting my autonomic nervous system before my dizziness started in Dec 2009, but I was also on Propranolol BID the whole 20 years for tremor from the antiepileptic. I do not know the actual mechanism of seizure affecting the autonomic system.