Why Poor Blood Flow Could Be Giving You Funny Turns?

You are welcome songcanary!

Rama, You are right. I just wonder if there is a test that can detect impaired cerebral autoregulation.

(During tilt testing it is common to observe that some patients tolerate very low values of blood pressure without symptoms, while others experience syncope with moderate hypotension or bradycardia. In rare cases syncope also occurs in the absence of significant modifications of blood pressure and heart rate. These different pictures are probably the expression of an active contribution of cerebral autoregulation in the genesis of syncope. More difficult to understand is the mechanism triggering such an increase in cerebral vascular resistance).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1860656/

How does this relate to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency? I'm beginning to think that my vision problems are definitely related to this....I can hardly read as I am typing this!! Interesting articles, by the way. Thanks.

How does this relate to Chronic Cerebrospinal Venous Insufficiency? I'm beginning to think that my vision problems are definitely related to this....I can hardly read as I am typing this!! Interesting articles, by the way. Thanks.

Cerebral autoregulation? Not really. In POTS autoregulation fails causing there to be no orthostatic buffer between BP fluctuations rather than a stable blood perfusion of the brain. This might happen for different reasons in different etiologies, but the bodies response to reduced stroke volume is often parasympathetic withdrawal (some have vagal withdrawal and baroreflex problems) all potentially having effects on the autoregulatory balance.

Ben Levine I think did some work on this?

Cerebral autoregulation? Not really. In POTS autoregulation fails causing there to be no orthostatic buffer between BP fluctuations rather than a stable blood perfusion of the brain. This might happen for different reasons in different etiologies, but the bodies response to reduced stroke volume is often parasympathetic withdrawal (some have vagal withdrawal and baroreflex problems) all potentially having effects on the autoregulatory balance.

Ben Levine I think did some work on this?

So help me to understand how, even when my pupils are normal, that I still have blurred vision, because isn't the parasympathetic and sympathetic response evident in the pupil size, like when I am symptomatic, I will have unequal pupils, tearing and blurred vision in the dilated one, sometimes double vision; I don't have MS...I might have had Optic neuritis in my left eye at one time, but my vision waxes and wanes in both eyes, and I don't necessarily have to be symptomatic for this to happen. I think I need to go to a neuro-opthamologist with this! I also have trouble forming words sometimes, or completely say the wrong one; Is this the vagal withdrawl you are talking about? Could I be having slight seizures, and presenting in a different way? Naomi just posted something regarding abdominal seizures...are you familiar with these? I also on occasion can have horrible abdominal pain with no explanation after testing, so now am wondering if I am having abdominal seizures. My symptoms are very neuro/cardiac...I've even had some Parkinson like symptoms on occasion, too.

Yes, I had ptosis before diagnosis, and after medication, that the neurologist actually saw after being on a small dose of clonazepam for sleep, too! This is so complicated for me. I'm just trying to feel better, and find the cause of mine specifically.... And somehow improve my vision, because this concerns me more than any of the other symptoms!! Thanks for helping me...