Mayo Clinic Cost

Well first I just want to say sorry to all who have messaged me and not heard a response. Shortly after my burning up episodes, i came down with a really bad flu and was in and out of the hospital....ugh so glad that is behind me :)

So my insurance denied my mayo clinic testing (autonomic screen) .Does anyone know if they do payment plans or discount?

Can you contact your insurance company and mayo to see if you can push it though? Sometimes they deny everything at first. I was able to get everything covered except for the 24 hour blood pressure cuff. I was there 2 times for 5 days as an outpatient. It is a pain and a waste of time, but if you if you persist they may cover it. Good luck... but don't be like me. I think they didn't cover the ambulatory bp cuff because I waited too long to fight about it.

Dani, sorry to hear that. I did a payment plan. Whatever you do, try to set it up with the local Scottsdale office. Don't use the 1-800 mayo number. I think that takes you to the Rochester office and unfortunately they are a bit tougher to work with. I had a much easier time working with the girls in the Scottsdale office. I also went downstairs to talk to the finance people and they were helpful. I actually have had about a $13,000-15,000 bill since 2007 and we are almost paid up. Yay!!!! Knock on wood! PM me if you have any questions. At one point I had a person from the main number call and tell me that I had to pay all of it right now!! And was quite aggressive, but I stuck to my decision to make a payment every month even though the guy on the phone didn't like it, there wasn't really much more I could do. Hard to squeeze blood out of a turnip. :)

Also, so glad you are feeling better. Sorry to hear you were sick on top of this other situation. Hang in there. Also, I tried for months to get my insurance to cover Mayo even though there is not autonomic testing on plan, but out of network, they denied it. So I understand your frustration there!

I just received my EOB a couple of weeks ago from my February visit to Mayo, and thankfully all I owe is my deductible($1900). That is still a hard amount to pay, along with the hotel/gas expenses of the week. Now I'm at my second visit, and hoping everything continues to be approved and paid.

I have had to pay things in the years past, and I totally understand how difficult it is to have that balance that drags on what seems like forever. We are limited in finances and it does make me feel guilty to have to dig around for money to pay for medical expenses.

I hope somehow it can be reduced for you.