Normal Walking Around Hr?

gofl1

Hey everyone, I have been trying to determine what a normal walking around heart rate is for the general population? I know that a resting heart rate is typically 60-90, but what do most people reach when they go about their daily activities? Are heart rates in the 100-110 range typical when walking through the grocery store? I am working hard on exercise and continuing treatment with lexapro in hopes of stabilizing my standing heart rate and was just curious what normal would be. Before all of this started I never took my pulse and have no clue what my heart rate was during the day. I know most of us here don't have normal heart rates upon standing but maybe you know how your friends or family react.

Thanks

That sounds a bit high to me, but what is "normal", anyway...lol...Seriously, though...I would think that the 80's would be normal :)

I asked a cardio PA and she said most people are in the 60s-80s resting and probably wouldn't increase more than 10 or so points moving around the house or doing basic things. She said its not normal to be tachy just walking around like we are.

(null)