Good News; Vitamin D Levels Are Low At 25, And Why Is This Good?

This is good news because my chronic fatigue could be caused by something as simple as a vitamin D deficiency!! I am thrilled at this prospect, because there is an easy solution!! I've been recommended to take 4000 IU of Vitamin D/ day for a month, and then 2,000 IU's as a maintenance thereafter. Now I'm wondering why I'm deficient, other than not being out in the sun very much, and winter, of course!!

My cholesterol level has decreased, too, significantly, and the only explanation for that is my treatment for dysautonomia, and my eating habits, eating less and finally sleeping better...lol!! I used to take medication for this, but had bad side effects; it is down from 265 to 204, with HDL at 61, and LDL at 125 without medication!! I do take Flax seed oil which is a natural remedy...Yah :)

Isn't it nice to get good news once in a while? I am so happy for you. I had a vit D of 40 and started oral D3 2000. Within a few short months I was at 65. So I hope yours comes up fast too. I don't really know if it helped my fatigue because I had soooo many concurrent problems then, but it wouldn't surprise me. I cut down to 1000 recently because I didn't want it to get too high, but probably should be rechecked soon at some point.

Nice job on the cholesterol! I love flax seed, it makes a great muffin, too :D.

They say from what I read, that you should shoot for 40-70; the nurse told me 30-100, so I'm just a little low, but if it will improve my fatigue, I'm thrilled, and I upped my dose to 2,000 i.u.'s without getting the results back, and couldn't believe the improvement already. I am so happy, I could almost do a happy dance without falling...lol :rolleyes:

Didn't see your post Songcanary...I could do a commercial on Flax seed oil. It is good for so many things; I was originally put on it for eye problems, and just stayed on it. It is supposed to increase circulation, cushion joints, makes skin, hair and nails healthy, and it is good for digestion, too!! Would love to try those muffins :)

Mine had dropped to 11. That supplement made a big difference in my energy level. I can tell when it's running low. Hope it helps. That's great news. I remember a couple years ago being thrilled I had mono. What a relief to know I may not be doomed to a life of such excessive fatigue!!

Brye

I am thrilled to see so many treating low Vit D!! :) Mine has been at 5.5, 6, etc I took 50,000 IU prescription Vitamin d 2x a week. I seem to have a problem getting mine near the begining threshold (I think the begining threshold is 32). I figured out the OTC pill doesn't help me at all, but seem to get a little result with the gelcaps.

Vit D is very interesting reading information! At higher levels (around 70-80 I believe) it seems to do amazing things for the body.

there is a website exclusively about vit d and what it does in the body.

Thats great news, relief is relief... Weather it be for an hour or a day any improvement is nice! I had mine tested last year and it was low. I took a supplement but late last fall had stopped. Over the winter my fatigue was horrid and I'm slowly recovering. I'm going to have my doc recheck my levels.

Thanks for all the support. I truly have noticed a difference already!! I usually take supplements sporadically, but this time I'm sticking to the protocol...4,000 I.U.'s for a month, than 2,000 i.U.'s as a maintenance thereafter. There seems to be several ranges out there, but they say that 40- 70 is optimum, so that's what I'll shoot for :) There was a reason that provigil wasn't approved by my insurance company, if I can do this with a vitamin D instead of another prescription med. By the way, they sell gel caps over the counter now. I had Nature made, and just bought the Target brand. I also started taking CoQ10. We all could use extra antioxidants, too. Vitamin B complex is also something I've taken for years. It is good for the nervous system.