Pneumonia, Anyone Have Experience With This?

Hope you feel better soon Rich. I have had pneumonia twice with pots but I was not diagnosed. My body temp is not normal- usually high and fevers are a challenge. Can you drink Pedialyte? When I was a mayo the neuro recommended it for me. I know with feeling awful it is hard to take care of yourself but make sure you keep your electrolytes up. "Normal" people need to to this when sick, so for POTSy people it is even more important. Sorry I can't help on the Tamiflu... I have never taken it. TAKE CARE!

Anyone use Tamiflu before?

My children have all been on Tamiflu. They did fine on it. My oldest son got H1N1 and nearly died (he was out of town with his dad in the beginning, so it was too late to start Tamiflu when he got back), so when the next kid got that type of flu the doctor put him on it quickly and it was amazing.

My youngest son was just on it again a couple of weeks ago and it cut his symptoms from a week to a day and a half and the coughing and the bronchitis didn't happen. (That's the bug that is going around here, high fever, headache, back pain, coughing, bronchitis)

I have heard that Tamiflu only works if you catch it in the first 24 hours of a virus... It sounds like you've had this longer than that. If that's the case it may not do much for you.

Hope you feel better

Amazingly I kept myself out of the hospital, I almost caved in about 100x . Today I'm starting to finally feel better. My lungs are still aching but not as bad. I finished the z-pack but my doc gave me another one that I'll start tomorrow. I'll be finished with Tamiflu in 2 days. Don't know if it helped but doesn't feel like it hurt... Keep praying, if you were, not out of the woods just yet.

Thank you everyone!

Rich

Anyone use Tamiflu before?

My children have all been on Tamiflu. They did fine on it. My oldest son got H1N1 and nearly died (he was out of town with his dad in the beginning, so it was too late to start Tamiflu when he got back), so when the next kid got that type of flu the doctor put him on it quickly and it was amazing.

My youngest son was just on it again a couple of weeks ago and it cut his symptoms from a week to a day and a half and the coughing and the bronchitis didn't happen. (That's the bug that is going around here, high fever, headache, back pain, coughing, bronchitis)

I have heard that Tamiflu only works if you catch it in the first 24 hours of a virus... It sounds like you've had this longer than that. If that's the case it may not do much for you.

Hope you feel better

All the info I read on Tamiflu is that is supposed to be taken the right away 24-48 hours. I took it at 80 hours.. From what i read it only helps with Flu A or B and not with avian or other types of viruses (SARS, etc...)

The good this is I didn't have a bad reaction..

GLAD you're feeling better Rich ~ I have had pneumonia many, many times. I'm allergic to most antibiotics. Dr. Castells my mast cell doc has agreed-ed to test me for penicillin soon. She said it used to be made with lots of bacteria in it ~ YUCK ~ So, I'm not really sure how I'm going to do the appointment, but I've got a few weeks to figure it out.

My cardio won't let me use my nebulizer or inhaler unless it's an emergency, due to my heart rate.

Rich, it takes a long time to recover after pneumonia, so take it easy....and know you'll be extra potsie ~ Prayers, better late than never ~

bellamia ~

GLAD you're feeling better Rich ~ I have had pneumonia many, many times. I'm allergic to most antibiotics. Dr. Castells my mast cell doc has agreed-ed to test me for penicillin soon. She said it used to be made with lots of bacteria in it ~ YUCK ~ So, I'm not really sure how I'm going to do the appointment, but I've got a few weeks to figure it out.

My cardio won't let me use my nebulizer or inhaler unless it's an emergency, due to my heart rate.

Rich, it takes a long time to recover after pneumonia, so take it easy....and know you'll be extra potsie ~ Prayers, better late than never ~

bellamia ~

thank you! I feel extra potsie for sure and just weak and tired :(

Rich, Please take extra special care right now ~ Bring everything you need and more to your bedroom in a cooler and try to stay there as much as possible. Get well soon ~ ((((((gentle hugs)))))) Bellamia ~