Vibrating

julieph85

I noticed last summer that my lower lip would vibrate sometimes when I was sitting still not using my mouth. It would just be there one day and then gone the next, maybe happened 5 or 6 times over the coarse of a couple months. Then I didn't notice it anymore. For the last 10 days or so it has been happening everyday and several times a day. It is the weirdest sensation. It is a vibrating sensation, only in my lower lip, almost like an extremely fast twitch. The sensation is so strong I touch my lip expecting to feel it shaking and it is not. It is also not visible to the naked eye, so it has to be some sort of neurological paresthesia. I also have noticed it a few times in my feet when I put them on the floor. Since it is increasing in frequency i'm getting worried. Does anyone else experience this?

I know how annoying this can be because I get this in my right eye if I've eaten any gluten.

Not saying you have a gluten problem, just that antibodies block or damage nerve fibers.

I found if I put my finger in just the right spot I could stop it. It came back if I took my finger away tho.

Have you looked at toxins like lyme, mercury, lead, gluten ,etc ?

Also, over exerting myself always makes this worse. tc .d

julie,

I get this when I am really OI. It also was made much worse when I was takng Topamax, which leads me to believe it definitely had a neuro origin. I don't, unfortunately, have any idea what brings it on or how to make it stop. But, I do understand hw disconcerting it is. Even though I have a lot of other more debilitating and/or painful symptoms, the ones that feel like neurologic deficits/issues always worry me the most.

Katie

Chances are just sympathetic excess - my tongue sometimes trembles and my eye lids when im really bad.

Why would a twitching or vibrating lip automatically lead to the checking of toxins like lead? Do these heavy metals result in purely small-scale neurological symptoms? Dont you think its more likely that a patient with a neurological condition might have a new neurological symptom as a result of that condition?

Have you tried Mestinon? That drug worked for me in the early stages of POTS, which is actually for Myesthenia Gravis (forgive the spelling). The characteristic of this condition is trembling in the jaw, particularly weakness. Also Celexa does wonders for the sympathetic nerves. I experienced a lot of twitching in my eyebrow around the vagus nerve and Celexa cleared that up for me.

Chances are just sympathetic excess - my tongue sometimes trembles and my eye lids when im really bad.

Why would a twitching or vibrating lip automatically lead to the checking of toxins like lead? Do these heavy metals result in purely small-scale neurological symptoms? Dont you think its more likely that a patient with a neurological condition might have a new neurological symptom as a result of that condition?

Rama I agree. Actually the sympathetic excess is exactly what I attribute it to because it reminds me of a tremble. I also agree with the lead thing. Thats why I never looked into that. I think If i really had heavy metal poisoning I would have large scale neurological deficits.