Thanks all-growing a spine

Guest tearose

Hey Miriam, another little tip from a seasoned Mayo/oz visitor...

When you call out and leave a message, you should call every two days until you have left a third message. Once you call the fourth time you get put directly to the doctors "medical secretary" and then he will call within two days. I don't know why they do it this way, but I know that it takes this many trys till you get a call back. Please be very prepared with all your questions...even ask the medical sectary if you can fax your questions ahead of his return call. My doctors really appreciated knowing my questions and not wasting any time. This worked the best for me.

Please make a list anyway, you can only get quality call backs once or twice a year. Remember to let your local doctor call after you with any other followup questions too!

I am very happy you stood up for yourself!

Keep us posted, tearose

( PS: MP-K sorry I didn't catch my typos prior to your copy!)

Miriam, I hope you get the answers you had hoped to have before you left Mayo--and that the suggestions they have leave you feeling more functional.

Nina

Hey Miriam, another little tip from a seasoned Mayo/oz visitor...

When you call out and leave a message, you should call every two days until you have left a third message.  Once you call the forth time you get put directly to the doctors "medical secretary" and then he will call within two days.  I don't know why they do it this way, but I know that it takes this many trys till you get a call back.  Please be very prepared with all your questions...even ask the medical sectary if you can fax your questions ahead of his return call.  My doctors really appreciated knowing my questions and not wasting any time.  This worked the best for me. 

Please make a list anyway, you can only get quality call backs once or twice a year.  Remember to let your doctor call after you with any other followup questions too!

I am very happy you stood up for yourself! 

Keep us posted,  tearose

Thanks, my husband and I wrote a list tonight. I will fax it if that helps. I did have questions even before I left. They said he was sick for the last 3 days I was there. Thanks for all your care and support, ya'all don't know how much this means to me. MP-K