Something To Help With Brain Fog?

I have seen this claim before and it is interesting...Maybe this would help some of us who suffer from mild brain fog. (I am not making light of the serious cognition problems some of us face).

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/does-chewing-gum-make-you-smarter

Volunteers rated their mood before and after the testing sessions and had their heart rate monitored. Their levels of cortisol (a stress hormone that’s also a good measure of alertness) were also checked using saliva samples.

The researchers found that chewing gum was linked to greater alertness, faster reaction times on the tests, with performance actually improving as the task became harder, and enhanced attention. And here’s something else to chew on: those who munched gum were also in a better mood.

I have heard of this too and I have always chewed gum when I am nauseous. I have found that peppermint really helps. There is a chemical in sugar free gum that can worsen GERD though so I only chew gum with sugar. I was nauseous for the past year so I chewed A LOT of sugary gum... Now I have 9 cavaties! Not my best idea... ;)

I have never heard this before but when I was still working, I would sometimes have to chew gum to be able to drive or I would be so sick. I had no idea why or how it was helping but I know it did seem like I could focus on driving better. I always went with cinnamon because it also helped settle my stomach.