Help Dealing With Neurologist

IceSkate

I was able to bump up my neurology appointment to 2 weeks.

In summer, I had symptoms of POTS and my tilt table test in October revealed an increase of 60 bpm. From September through November, I could not taste and my entire body was numb. Since November, I have been 100% better. However, the numbness and tasting problem prompted me to make a neurology appointment.

Does anyone have advice on how I should go about asking questions or describing what has happened to me. My general doctor and cardiologist did not think I had POTS.

I don't know if the numbness and taste issue is from POTS. It could be something else or I could be completely fine since I feel fine. It's just hard to deal with doctors. The general doc thought it was just anxiety, but my tilt table said otherwise.

I have had a metallic taste in my mouth before, and trouble swallowing, numbness at times, but more nerve pain, tingling and heaviness than numbness. I believe all of these things can be related to dysautonomia (POTS). You definitely need a good neurologist, who knows something about dysautonomia. I'm not a doctor, but I thought anything over 30 bpm on a tilt table diagnosed you with POTS. You also need a doctor who specializes in Autonomic Disorders.

• 1 month later...