Update On My Ear Problem...

icesktr189

My local cardio had suggested putting in a port and doing infusions regularly. Said he'd have to look into whether or not the infusion center would do them. At the time I wasn't interested because I was doing better and wouldn't be willing to take the increased risk of infection that this would pose.

My daughter however is studying emergency medicine so she swears she's going to start doing regular IVs on me if we can get a doc to write for the IV fluids. LOL

The one and only time I went to an ER (was sent by a doctor at the cardiac rehab program I was attending), they let me sit there for 7 hours and refused to let me drink anything. Then I saw the doctor, she said "you just need to go home and eat and drink", pulled the IV (that the cardiac doc had started) and sent me home. She absolutely refused to give me fluids even though the referring doc had sent a whole page of written instructions of what he thought needed to be done. Glad you had a better experience at your ER Dani!!

Yeah I am trying to get the Port but I have to wait to get into Mayo now since I dont have POTS doctor anymore. My mom has one and LOVES it!

Im sorry you had a bad experiene.. I have had plenty but at least they give me fluids before diagnosing me with the flu or anxiety and sending me on my way. I usually just try to stick it out and not go but sometimes I just get desperate LOL