Outside Help

GingerA

I was just wondering how many people have someone to come in an help them with daily tasks. I am trying very hard to get better and to adjust my life for my illness but I have to be honest that there are some things that I can not do. Especially on bad days.

What do you do then? I am not bed ridden but I do have days when I need to be in bed all day. Pushing to get up on those days only leads to more days in bed or visits from the ambulance. Do we qualify for home health? I have at least 3 days a week when I am here with just my kids and I am scared.

I'm sorry that you are having troubles with daily living at home. I wish I knew more about home care, but I think that Medicare has some provisions for it...are you on Medicare? We have a cleaning service come in once a month to help with that, and are considering upping it to every other week. It's just the two of us here, so our place only really needs cleaning every other week. The small things that need to be done every week aren't too difficult, thankfully. Kudos to you for getting through your days with three kids! I don't know how you moms out there do it.

I have a cleaning service that comes every other week. I have a babysitter come 3 times a week in the mornings during the summer and during the school year I have found a Kids day out program to take my 2 young kids while my 2 older ones go to school. We have quiet/nap time every afternoon for at least 2 hours, that helps a lot.

Brye