Exercise Question

GingerA

Ginger,

I see you have mitral valve prolapse also. What exercises does your doctor let you do? Or is this an issue for you? My sister has it and I know exercise can flare it up for her, but only occasionally. I sent you a PM to tell you that exercise isn't my issue for the flare up. Haha. So silly that I was so worried. Anyhow, thank you for your support.

Maiysa

• 2 weeks later...

for the last couple of days i've had some problems exercising, i generally brisk walk for about an hour or 2 a day.

Recently, i've been getting what can i only describe as huge adrenalin type rushes when i exert (e.g walk up a few hills after some time). i get pretty light headed with these and have to stop exercising because it's very hard to continue, and scary not knowing whats going on. i get the old impending feeling of doom to!

No chest pain, no breathing problems really, HR probably high but not enough for me to notice.

My best guess is lack of blood getting to the brain becuase it's all in my legs trying to push myself up hills, and then the ANS compensates with adrenalin to try and get the blood to brain. Does that make sense to anyone! :)

^ Hi Katy, I have not. I wear them at work some times, but generally i can exercise normally enough to not need them. I have some sports compression ones though which i might try when i bike ride.

Walked on the flat for 2 hours today no problems, i think the hills are what make it a cardio work out and i had been over doing it.

I don't know about everyone else but since I've had POTS, I get super hot and sweaty really easily and so I think it dehydrates me. I wear a ton of deodorant to help, but I lose the heat everywhere. I never got sweat tested at a center but It's probably really wacky.

The first time I noticed my POTS I had been biking fast and long distance for 6 months with problem, then It got cold so I started running on the treadmill. Got super hot and couldn't breath, ran outside in the cold and when I cooled off I could breath.

Now I can't even walk a block... :(

Been doing the recumbent bike around 20 minutes every day for a few weeks and feeling better for it today,however, decided to jog in place for around 12 minutes and upon finishing was light headed and had palpitations. Had the full cardio workout and wondering if anyone ever gets this from exercising upright?