Small Amounts Of Food Constantly?

peregrine

Some of the nausea I get (seems there's many flavors!) responds well to me eating ~constantly. So if I stop eating for more than about 10 to 15 minutes I start getting this acid/empty stomach feeling and the nausea gets worse. One thing I've thought about (to minimize calorie load, if nothing else!) is sucking hard candy, but I'm curious if folks have other suggestions, or if there are lowish calorie hard candies (I don't do artificial sweeteners) that have worked well for people. Ideas?

Peregrine,

Funny you have "different flavors" of your nausea...so do I. And, yes, one of then involves feeling like I constantly need to eat but just a little. I worked with Goldfish crackers and pretzels mostly. I did also use cough drops that were fortified with Vit C and Echinachea for when I was driving...the menthol also seemed to help the nausea some. I also like black licorice, so I also had SMith Bros. Licorice cough drops for when I was driving...licorice is also known to help ease GERD and nausea but you have to get something that has real licorice extract in it. I could also get away with substituting cinnamon gum sometimes...somehow the strong flavor seemed to offset the nausea.

Hope the nausea eases up soon.

Katie

I get this also so I tried chewing gum or sucking candy/ tic tacs. I am nauseous all the time so I was always chewing something which really helped. The bad thing is I have nine cavities, it was not a good idea. I can't chew sugarless gum because there is something in it that gives me acid reflux.