Bed Tilting

GingerA

My husband put 4 layers of boards (2 x 6s) under the head of the bed and then another 2 layers of boards under the middle legs. Luckily we're using an old water bed frame (from a soft side water bed) for our current mattress so we have that center set of legs on the frame.

How high are the blocks raising your headboard? I have cement blocks under mine, and they're about 4". We also have one under our central post, also 4". We have a king-sized bed, and so far they're working out fine. How big is your bed?

Can anyone explain to me what bed tilting does for us? My POTS makes it extremely difficult to get out of bed and get going in the mornings, so I wonder if bed tilting would help with this. Although, for me, I feel almost like I don't have enough blood reaching my head when I sleep, so maybe this wouldn't be right for me.

Also, would just using multiple pillows do the same thing? I just wonder because I don't know if my husband would love having the bed tilted. :)

I was wondering about this too, having gastric motility issues and GERD despite Rx meds, but with the state of my autonomic nervous system and EDS I am pooling fluid/blood in feet and legs and have to take Rx water pill to get the fluid off. My legs already feel like daggers are piercing me all through the legs when I get up in the morning--would raising the bed make this worse in situations like mine?

Thanks for response and thanks for posting.

My neuro said they really don't know why it helps with POTS but it seems to do so- for some people at least. They think it somehow stimulates the brainstem was all he could tell me as for reasons to do it.