Feeling Faint

gertie

Do any of you ever feel faint when you have upset stomach or need to use the bathroom? My vagus nerve will cause syncope when I have stomach cramps but I normally am ok if I am not in pain. This am I felt ok (no pain) but I felt like I could go down at any moment. After I had BM & rested a few min I felt ok, weak but ok . I've had Dysautonomia for approx 35 years & it goes from one weird symptom to another. Just when I think I might be getting better something else "attacks". thanks.

I feel that way after a BM-sorry to be gross. My mornings are tough especially when I haven't taken my meds and hydrated well. Anytime I eat too much fat or don't hydrate well, I feel faint. This disease is no fun and hard to control. I wish we had a magic wand to wave to make us well.

Yes, I get that too with a stomach upset. If it happens at night, I just sleep on the bathroom floor to save myself getting out of bed and fainting!

Do you ever get the reverse problem? Sometimes when I faint, a few minutes later I need to go to the bathroom, then that triggers a second faint. It doesn't happen every time I faint, but does say 50% of the time. Not sure why I get that effect sometimes but not others. In general, I don't have any gastric problems.

I get that for sure. It was my severe gastroparesis that lead my doctor to suspect Dysautonomia so for me there is for sure a major connection between GI stuff and POTS...although I was recently told that the severity of my Gastroparesis isn't what they'd normally connect to POTS and they think I have more autonomic/nerve issues they're unable to test for at this time at the research hospital I'm being treated at.

Actually I've only for sure fainted once or maybe multiple times during this one episode... I ruptured an ovarian cyst and ended up hospitalized because they were fearing appendicitis and also took days to figure out it was a ruptured cyst even though a similar but less severe episode had just occured a few weeks beforehand that was definitely a ruptured ovarian cyst. So anyway first I started throwing up violently and absolutely uncontrollably (nothing at all works for my nausea and vomiting) and my heart rate was soaring and while I normally am chronically constipated I had had to drink CT contrast which ended up giving me diarrhea at the same time as the vomiting. I was so faint and terrified I had to use a bedpan, while vomiting into a bucket! (sorry if that is way TMI) And somewhere in there I fainted at least once, maybe more. Most terrifying and MISERABLE experience ever. The fainting and feeling faint actually got better after the diarrhea even though I continued to vomit the rest of the day.

And in milder instances I have trouble with feeling faint both when I vomit and when I'm having or attempting to have BMs. Actually when I'm very constipated I tend to get very tachy while trying to go also but the same seems to be true if my body veers towards the other extreme. And like I said, it also happens if I vomit. Whenever I vomit I end up laying on the bathroom floor miserable and afraid to move.