Excessive Thirst

micheller

This is a double negative. I can not drink enough during the day but can't drink a lot at one time. I'm thirsty all the time and when I do drink, I just want to chug it down. I had the nissen for reflux so I'm only supposed to have 6-8 oz at a time of food and/or drink every 3-4 hours. I drink way more than that and feel so sick but still horribly thirsty. I can't tolerate thin liquid drinks like water, Gatorade and can't have milk. So what's the best alternative that will kick this thirst in the butt and not make me feel like I'm going to float away?

What about tomato juice, grape juice, OJ, or vegetable juice? Tea with lemon & sugar is easier for me to drink than

plain water. This sounds impossible but plain water seems to give me heartburn. Altho Gatorade serves it's purpose

it is vile tasting to me.

Does the dr know why you're so thirsty?

I will try the thicker soups and broths. I can't have anything acidic or I will suffer for days! I haven't brought it up to my dr yet, it's only been the last week or two. I will be calling him tomorrow though! It seems to be more in the late afternoon/evening but that is also when my digestive system feels like it's at a halt.

Ramakentesh, is the licorice a supplement?

Alicia, water gives me crazy reflux/heartburn. It's weird how something so simple can be an enemy.