Another New Symptom! Unbearably Itchy Feet!

Lette

Arrrrggggggg!!!! I put on some socks last night as my feet were cold in bed and within a few minutes the sides of my feet began to tear itchy, I took them off and the itchiness has continued all night and into today!! So much so I have friction burns from scratching and I cant stop, the sides of my feet and now toes and heals are sooooo itchy theres no relief, I have taken a zirtek antihestimine and Daktarin foot powder to only the slightest relief, even bathing my feet in cold water has done nothing, please help! Arrrrrrrgggggg!!!

I get adrenal rushing every now and then and my arms and hands and legs can get very itchy but never last as long or as intence as this, im wondering if its an alergic reaction, of which I thought I didnt have anything I was alergic to!! :(

i have had an MRI and it didnt show anything strange, I have Pots, NCS and benign hypermobility syndrome other than that i can get mad unrelated symptoms... I just went to bed and slept for an hour and thankfully the itchiness has gone for now, oh gawd it was so bad! :o

My guess would be allergies .. I have a wide variety of allergies. Laundry soap or something in

those socks would do that to me. I use allergenfree laundry soaps and mostly or all cotton clothing,

especialy socks, etc. Rinsing clothes thoroughly helps too.

Fwiw tho .. Most people I know have fewer or no allergic reactions to external substances once

they eliminate their food allergens. It has to do with our allergen buckets .. Once those are full

we over react to minor allergens ..

For example I.m very allergic to dust but I react less to it as long as I'm gf. Gluten was

keeping my body overstimulated so I over reacted.

Benadryl makes a cream that might help.

Hope you feel better soon .. D

I wish it was only my feet but I, tt have EDS, mulicomplex immune deficiencies, allergies that I never know when will strike, Orthostatic hypotension with ANS failing. I have been battling a terrible rash with bumps that just is so agonizingly itchy on my trunk, groin, wherever bands of undergarments rest, around the armpits, up my neck. I had to do aquaciser for physical therapy and they'd been leaving me on treadmil in heated chemically treated water with the jets propelling that stuff into my skin for 50 to 70 minutes at a time and despite showering immed. after the aquaciser and again at home, I really feel infused with this stuff that it is the culprit. I have been with-holding antihistamines just in case any testing would be delayed when I see the Cancer Centers allergy/immunology/Mast cell interest in 2 weeks. I am raw. I tried a little Lubriderm and I remembered taking Aveeno oatmeal baths in past (recommended by PCP that only gave short term relief). It might help your feet though? With hives would take 50mg of Benadryl (but makes me a little drowsy) in addition to my bedtime Singulair and Zantac. I just want to dig where it itches and know I can't and this morn I even took HOT shower (altho a no-no) while sitting and standing to let the water do the scratching unabrasively (altho I'm sure the heat made the dilation worse/itching worse). And for some reason (have always been this way) night time is worst (perhaps due to metabolism changes and entrapped body heat under night clothes and bedding).

But honestly you do have my sympathies.

the itching has stopped but the rash has spread all ovr my body! Tiny little red dots spread everywhere, very strange, they do fade under a glass tumbler and they are not itchy now, very strange!!!

First of all.. I am sorry you are battling this symptom! It is so frustrated. Now that you bring this up, this was one of my earliest symptoms of POTS. Right after my first few syncope episodes, and then I started struggling with shortness of breath and then all of a sudden my feet starting itching like CRAZY!!!! Unlike anything I had never experienced before. This is way before I was diagnosed but it lasted about a month. I would use this cream with peppermint that "helped" but never took it away. And as suddenly as it started it went away. I never thought about it being included in POTS symptoms... but what isn't, right?????