Sharp Chest Pain Followed By Sudden Tachycardia-Do I Need It Checked?

E246

Hi,

Feeling a bit bewildered.

Have always had chest pain as one of main symptoms but over the last few days have been getting sharp pain then very sudden surges in heart rate which seem adrenaline fuelled and leave me feeling shaky.

The pain is there even when i lie down. have been taking Valium to try and keep it in check and have also taken a beta blocker (Bisopromol) but this seemed to make it worse.

Have been given Visken by a cardio who had only seen one other pots patient but the pots doctor thought they might increase my heart too much(?) Just a bit scared of something making me worse or getting stuck on beta blockers as last time after 2 weeks on them it took 10 days and lots of pain to come off them (for the Ttest) and have not been back on them since.

Its just the sharp pain and the sudden tachycardia -anyone got any advise or have similar experience?

No advice, Emma. I just wanted you to know that I care & am worried. I'd pop in to see your doc ASAP or even go to an urgent care facility- just to reassure yourself. Let us know what you learn. I'm sending prayers.

Hugs-

Julie

Thanks,

have you actually taken anything that has made it better?

It is easing today but 3 days of solid chest pain was difficult. The cardio referral resulted in an appointment in 2 months time. I am having a difficult time with the NHS dealing with my problems. My Gp is going to phone and ask for a sooner appointment. Last time i went to A&E the cardio said he could do nothing because he had not hear of pots.

The sensitivity issue is interesting. when i looked it up it seemed to suggest that exposure to chemicals can cause it.? Do you know what else can do this. Or is it just a fact of POTS?

My children and I tend to get (elephant on chest) and stupid multiple runs of eptopic beats (http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Extrasystoles.htm) when we have picked up a bug! And when it goes on and on we feel like yuk!! One cadio caught a 30 min run on my daughters TTT, she had, had SOB since getting up that day. I am sure it was the PAC's giving her SOB, cardio did say to get the PAC's checked out, but daughters Paed. cardio was not interested in it.

Thanks Anna and Jule,

had not seen your replies but have posted a brief account of hospital exchange with doctors as it got so bad i did go in. Very grateful for any support or advise. I have so far had virtually no testing and i have been using a wheelchair for a year as all exertion causes chest pain. Had bad week last week with doctors but have finally got appointment in 10 days with cardio.

Certain i have something micro vascular as well/because of pots. also have possible hypermobility and backs of feet are dead.

I am so glad of this site.

thanks