Midodrine Questions

futurehope

How many of you take midodrine? What is your dosing schedule? How long have you been taking it? Is there a "rebound reaction" when it wheres off where you know you need more? Does it help? Are there side effects? What was your original diagnosis of your condition?

Thanks.

I've been on it for a year and a half. Started out taking 2.5 mg 3xday and am now at 5mg 3xday, with the possibility of increasing it again. My doctor has asked that I now take it 30min before I get up in the morning, hoping that it will be in my system before standing thus controlling my symptoms a bit more. Have only been on that for a couple of weeks but I think it is helping. My diagnosis is POTS with syncope. I tried about seven med's before we found this one. The main side effects are some lower leg aching when I rest as well as needles in the scalp feel when I increase and when I started it. I can't remember if there were others :)

Sure hope this helps but if you have other questions about this drug email me, not sure that I?ll know the answer but will try :)

Good luck.

I've also been on Midodrine for 1 and 1/2 years. I started out with a lower dose but I'm up to 5mg Three times a Day.

I had to go off of it for my Tilt Table Test and that was horrible - I definitely know it works! I was so dizzy I could barely walk and I blacked out when I stood up.

The only side effects for me have been the "goose bumps" and tingling of the scalp - but I'd put up with this anyday not to pass out!

I tried Florinef and it gave me bad headaches....midodrine has worked for me,

Lisa

I'm on it as well, I try and take a break every few months during the cooler season so that it will not "stop working". It works SO well for me too, my energy level is increasing and I am not lightheaded much at all anymore. I also take Florinef .05 mg daily- can't handle any more than that. The Midodrine I was prescribed 10 mg 3X daily but try to take it only as needed. For the first week, I got major chills and that funny scalp feeling, but that pretty much subsided. The only thing I notice now is that I get chills easier than normal when I'm cold. My diagnosis is POTS.

I take proamitine as well I was prescribed 10mg 3x a day but only take 5mg once or twice a day. I had some high blood pressure issues so I don't like to take it. It does help me,I always take my morning dose and take it later in the day if my bp is ok. I am also on a pretty high dose of the florinef .4mg a day. I had the goose bump side affect in the early stages of taking it but not anymore. I have been on both medications for about 7 months.

:angry:

Midodrine was a miracle drug for our family. It's like night and day when we started it. It gave life back both my daughters. My oldest has had chronic nausea problems for about 4 or 5 years, no one could figure out what was causing this and she just couldn't eat much when she was like this, They both have EDS and we didn't know if it was that causing it or what. No one tied in the low blood pressure and severe nausea until she started taking Midodrine and it finally stopped after starting the meds. There are days that she will have break thru sick feeling when her BP is really low that day but overall the improvement was incredible. The only side effect I noticed from it, is a weird chill goosebump feeling that runs along the body into the scalp but it's a small price to pay to feel better I think. My oldest feels this as well but not my youngest, she doesn't have any side effects only improvements. Good luck and hope it helps you as well as it helped us.