Out Of The Norm Eating Habits

micheller

Since my main symptom is severe nausea, I don't eat a whole lot, maybe a few crackers a day and even that would make me feel sick for hours. My weight steadied around 103-105. Weird part is the last week or so I can't stop eating. I can't eat a lot at once but it's been all day, like someone flipped a switch. I'll have a sandwich, pretzels, noodles, celery, popcorn, crackers, every 2 hours...not at once of course. My weight is now at 115 which I needed to gain. I know in a few days I'll go back to not being able to eat for a few weeks. Is this a normal thing? I'm not complaining because I can eat and not feel so sick as long as I don't leave but I feel sick if I don't eat that often. It's like cravings completely take over. It's odd to me.

Enjoy eating while you can. I wax n wane with wanting to eat to not eating. My weight sits around 130 after losing over 30+lbs in 10 months prior to being diagnosed. I eat alot (6+) of small meals low fat/fat free with yogurt smoothies in-between. I can't drink ensure or boost due to the fat content, but buy yogurt smoothies and make my own smoothies using low-fat yogurt, skin milk & fresh fruits. I have even substituted Gator Aide or power drinks for skin milk in the smoothies. Taste pretty delicious. I just wish we could all fix our digestive systems. It has been awhile since I ate fast foods. Lol I am eating healthier than ever.

I was just thinking this today....I'm on an eating streak. I'll have a flare of my GI symptoms and will not be able to eat for weeks at a time...I eventually don't even feel hungry during these episodes. Then, just like you said, something flips the switch and the GI symptoms settle and I become ravenous. I can't get enough and eat all day like I'm grazing. It's really weird.