Blood In Urine Related To Pots???

surfgirl14

Hey guys. This is a sensitive subject but .... I have had blood off and on in my urine for about 2 years. My pediatrician has always said it's not really a big deal and she just sends me home. In the hospital though I have had kidney functioning blood tests, and unltrasounds but they all come back fine. I just switched to a new pediatrician, and have been seing her. I recently went to the bathroom last week and was shocked to see blood in my urine. So I went to the doctor, and they did a urine test and found blood. I also have had bad flank like back pain in my lower back for about a couple years. This time it has wrapped around to bring discomfort to my stomach. They say they are going to send my urine off for more "in depth" testing. Has anyone else delt with this with POTS? Does anyone know what this could be or if it is even related to POTS. :unsure:

Thanks.

It would be great if you could get to a urologist, so they could look more in depth. It sure sounds like a stone, but definitely need a thorough investigation. I don't think blood in the urine has anything to do with POTS.

I forgot to add, if you've been having it for two years, there is something that teens(and older) can get that COULD relate to POTS. Mention Nutcracker Syndrome to whoever you go to. Look it up on the internet and read about it. (On the net, they mention two types-one is kidney related and one is esophageal related. Definitely read the one on kidney).

I have this too, when I was in hospital first diagnosed with the illness they were testing my kidneys and then did the tilt table test, I have blood in the urine and I notice every now and then on and off I get it still, I just put it down to Pots, dont know tho!

oh ok. Yea it would be nice to know why we get this? My mom called Dr.kanter I cardiologist i see at duke childrens and told them about it cuz i went to my pediatrician down here for the testing (charlotte) and the nurse for Dr.kanter said they want the test results ASAP and they might send me to a urologist. soooo idk. Havent got the test results back yet ... i hate waiting :(