Dr. Suggest Recumbent Bike

Darlene

Seated elliptical? I use both, I can go a lot longer and push a lot harder on a recumbant bike because I'm seated. The standing ellpitical gets my HR going a lot faster a lot quicker. I have to quit when I 1st get lightheaded to since it's hard to fall of one of those gracefully. Love the recumbant!!

Brye

I know my doc said recumbent bike so I could exercise in a sitting position as opposed to standing. I don't have the funds for the full bike so I purchased one that is just the pedals and you sit in a chair. He said that's just fine. He also encouraged me to keep walking my dog as often as possible. What he warned me not to do is exercise (in any form) until I end up in bed for several days because I over-did it. He said if exercise one day and end up bed-ridden from it for several days after that, it is worse for my conditioning than doing less exercise (either less intense or shorter duration) and building the intensity and duration over a long period of time.