I Just Look Bad

lieze

Is anyone else noticing this?

My eyes especially look scary and buggy.

I have developed very saggy eyelids that remind me of Venetian blinds. I have layers and layers of folds in my lids I feel like I need a little string to pull to open them up.

I often have a wrinkled forehead.

My hair I don't even know what I can do with it.

I don't have any good ideas.

This is just all wearing on me and it's really showing on my face.

Stress and fatigue.

I think if when I looked in the mirror I didn't look so bad maybe I would feel a little better about myself.

I'm sure the weight loss has not helped at all with my appearance.

Is anyone else overdue for a makeover?

Is this something that you have developed a way to manage in a liesurely way?

Hey Lieze! I'm sorry you aren't feeling good about yourself right now. I totally get it.

I actually had my hair cut really short in the spring so it would actually look like something with no effort at all. I change the color when I get bored with it (that's something I can sit in a chair and let someone else do ;) ). I recently haven't been attempting make-up cause if I shower, dress, and do hair, make-up usually pushes me right over the POTS edge. :blink: But yesterday, my mom said she would drive me to Target in the afternoon, so I had all day to get to a point where I could put on make-up. OMG....I forgot that I could be pretty! Without make-up I am so pale and drawn looking these days and my skin is just not a healthy color anymore. I think I will try to put on make-up at least once a week now just to remind myself of the possibilities (I put it on while lying on the couch with a hand held mirror). I also have a deal with myself (cause I'm on a really tight budget these days) that I can buy myself something pretty each month under $50. It allows me to be kind to myself.

I have definitely had to come to terms with my own vanity and it hasn't been pretty. Hang in there and thanks for this post. This is another topic that isn't easy to talk about publicly. :)

Sorry you're feeling so lousy! I know what you mean though. I've been fortunately doing pretty well for the last 2 months with just a few bad days. However, at my worst I had no color to my face or lips most of the time and looked like death. I'm naturally a blond, but I felt like that color was washing me out too much. I ended up going red for the first time and loved it. It made me look I actually had some color in my face and it was a bit of a boost because it just felt good to do something new. Anyway, I really hope you start feeling better. POTS can take so much out of a person. Just know you're not alone!

It is so hard to remember you can still feel pretty and girly. Having the energy to do anything about it is so darn hard. I confess I completely cheat and order a lot of my cosmetics and facial care products from my fave store. I can get a treat of Lancome mascara (which is the best stuff on earth) and some Estee Lauder lip conditioner which is the very best stuff I have ever found for soothing my poor chapped and abused lips. That is often all I can manage. And the online shop means I don't have to leave home. When I am really feeling good, my fiance will take me there, and I will get a free makeover, so I don't even have to do my own make-up! :D Fingers crossed one of those days come SOON!

Sandy

Edited by MomtoGiuliana
forum rules bar soliciting

I think for many of us our state of semi-dehydration dries our skin, lips, etc. At least, I notice this for myself. This can add an appearance of age beyond our actual years at times.

This also makes me think of this video that is getting posted on Facebook right now about the media's focus on unattainable female beauty, and beyond that, this message that girls and women should strive for this as this is what defines our value to society. I think we do put ourselves under a great deal of pressure to meet nearly unattainable standards, when we are already each uniquely beautiful, whether we meet a narrow definition of it or not.

So let's also acknowledge the beauty that we each are! :) Regardless of age, health, size, whether we wear make-up or not, etc.