Allergies And Dizziness

WyomingGal

I was wondering if anyone is feeling kinda crappy this time of year. I was looking forward to the cooler weather, but my head is saying something else. I do have sore temples, eye pain, fatigue, and maybe it is allergies. I have noticed I am getting dizzy.

Does anyone get dizzy more often when the weather changes or when you have some sinus/allergy trouble?

I've noticed lightheadedness for no apparent reason. I've checked my blood pressure and it's fine. I just had labwork and yes I am anemic but not that anemic! It was like 10.8 and I've been down to 8 before which did not feel good but then I just felt sort of short of breath not like I'm gonna pass out right now!! So I don't really understand where this is coming from. I've had a little headache off and on and yes I have felt dizzy before from sinus.

I'm kind of hoping this feeling goes away because it's creepy-I don't like it at all.

I get dizzy when my allergies are bad. My sinuses swell, making my inner ear swell, and causing vertigo. I also have migraine associated vertigo and the immunologist I just saw said that allergies can trigger migraine symptoms. I've been to a bunch of doctors for this, since it is one of my worst symptoms and most say that bad allergies or sinusitis can cause vertigo symptoms. Hope it clears up soon!!

That makes a lot of sense with the swelling inside the head. That has got to be it. I guess since I get dizzy sometimes anyway, when the sinuses will I get it more often. I feel the dizziness in my eyes (if that makes any sense!). Like if I can close my eyes for a bit to give them a break, it helps a little bit.

Oh yes! Before my severe allergies, my POTS was in control. When I was in my 3rd trimester I started to have some nasal swelling that was contributed to being pregnant, however, it never went away. Then the swelling started becoming painful and moved to my ears. I have Post nasal drip and im itchy now. Its crazy how bad allergies can affect your POTS. When I take my daughter to the park (I am allergic to grass) I really feel it that night. I end up with severe dizziness and vertigo. Then the adrenaline surges start in. I truley feel like if I could get my allergies under control, my POTS wouldnt be as half as bad as they are. I end up using heating pads on my face everynight and I take different allergy meds. Only problem is that my hay fever is severe. I did allergy testing and they rated my grass allergy on a scale 1 through 10 at a 10 :( I feel for you, but get on some good meds and the dizziness will start to go away. The swelling puts pressure on everything, so you get dizzy from it putting pressure on your inner ear, and then lightheaded from the decrease in oxygen from being stuffed up.