Blood Type Poll

What's your blood type  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FYI, here's the normal distribution for blood types in the United States (I know we have members elsewhere, but the large majority are in the US):

http://bloodcenter.stanford.edu/about_blood/blood_types.html

Mighty Mouse,

Thanks for posting the percent of blood types in the US and which blood type can donate to another. Very interesting information! It'll be interesting to see where our poll goes when more members post their blood types.

• 4 weeks later...

In my former life, before POTS entered the scene, I taught anatomy and physiology as a college-level teaching assistant. The poll results actually look like the normal blood type distribution that is typical of the american population. The one comment I would add is that people who are Rh neg tend to have more problems with anemia and of course, pregnancy. It has been postulated that blood type has to do with tendencies toward certain illnesses and preferred diet types, but research has not proven this, so it is still in the realm of "pop-science". I looked at the blood type diet book, and alot of it has to do with your ethnic heritage and what types of foods and diseases tend to cause problems in your ethnic group. I do believe in the theory that ethnicity and genetics have alot to do with what illnesses we tend to develop, so there might actually be some good science behind the blood type theories, just give it time and the research will prove itself.