Seizures Anyone?

gertie

Anyone here have seizures? If so, do you take an antihistamine that does not trigger your seizures? I am at the point of despair, every med I take does something negative. I'm having inner ear fluid & can't take dieuretics so the only hope I have of any relief from this misery is AH which I haven't been able to take. Thanks.

Well I know for a fact that on my dog the vet told me Benadryl would lower the seizure threshold, so I would think it would be the same in people also ~

bellamia ~

bella and leize~ i pray you gals are doing well..... long time no talk to.... ive been down myself, i think in every way possible and im just not jivin' with it these days :(

alicia~ ive not been diagnosed with seizures.... yet.... but it is highly suspected. Your post brought my attention, because i cannot take benadryl or vistaril, etc..... those type meds trigger a seizure-like episode for me.... i didn't know what it was doing really, but i figured it out 2 years ago that i needed to stay away from these specific meds. Im ok with zyrtec, but then zyrtec has a different chemical structure, etc..... it's almost like if i take a benadryl or vistaril, it's like i have an immediate allergic reaction but no where in the typical sense....

on the inner ear.... im so sorry... i have no clue as to how to treat that, as i have never had inner ear problems... or at least any that i know of..... hopefully some can jump in with some ideas....

hope you feel better

tennille

Thanks for your replies. I had a big problem with Benadryl & so does most people with seizures.

Tennille, it seems so strange to me that when I take an antihistamine for allergies that it actually causes an allergic reaction. My throat tightens & my tongue & throat become numb, heart palps. It's just weird.

Alicia ~

Do you have hypothyroid? If not get tested for it and if you are borderline see if your doc will medicate you ~ All mine went away when I started thyroid meds ~

Just a thought, I do think through this fog once in a while ~ Best of luck ~

x's

BellaMia ~