Says I Posted...

HopeSprings

Moderators (or anyone who can answer). I went into dysautonomia discussion and saw one of my threads (the demographics one) up top and it showed me posting at 7:42 this morning, but there was no corresponding post. I didn't post anything on there today. Just curious how this could have happened? Makes me nervous that someone might have my password or something.

Hi Naomi,

The time of 7:42am was referring to the most recent time a vote was received. When someone votes within a topic, the topic is automatically back up to the top of the forum page, and it the time for the most recent activity within the topic is updated. Because you had been the last one to write a post, your name showed up under the "last activity" column for that topic on the forum page. In most topics this would mean that you had actually posted at that time. However, in topics with polls this can mean that although you had been the author of the last written post, someone else had a more recent vote. So there's no need to worry about your account being hacked. It's just a confusing forum quirk. :)

Rachel