One Week Of School Down!

rmlyonsfamily

And Kayleigh is doing GREAT! She does come home a little tired, but overall she is still miles ahead of where she was 6 months ago when we pulled her out of school and put her on homebound! A few weeks ago she started using the recumbent bike a little while each night and built up to the treadmill. Now she's able to do 10 on the bike, 10 on the treadmill and 10 on the elliptical and is really building up some good endurance. Last week she sang a song by Laura Story at church entitled "Blessings" and one of her youth leaders told her story before hand. Lots of tears from her Daddy and I! We are just so grateful that she is still with us and so very grateful to the people on this forum that helped us through our most difficult days!

- here's a video of her singing. :0)

(it's hard to hear Doug introducing her, but once she starts singing it's good)

How is everyone else's school year going?

Glad to hear she's feeling better and I hope it continues as it turns to fall and winter. Tell her to take it easy though. School can hit a person hard with POTS.

My 15 yr. old daughter is going to school full time for the first time in 5 years! I'm excited for her but a little nervous too. She's also taking the school bus for the first time since 5th grade.

I'm hoping and praying for a good school year for all the kids out there with these illnesses.

Brenda

• 3 weeks later...