When Do You Decide To Go To The Hospital?

I've never been to the ER for my dysautonomia symptoms. I've never thought about it before really. Unfortunately, my family is not supportive and if I went to the ER I'd have to pay for it myself and I don't have enough money for the copay (I haven't had a job for six months, due to my symptoms being so bad). But I've never really thought how going to the hospital could be helpful.

I'd think that calling your doctor could help? He or she would be able to tell you if going to the hospital is necessary or not.

I don't really know the answer to your question but my experience has been this:

I went to the emergency room six times from October 2010-May2011 all because of feeling like i was about to pass out, etc. Since this is all new to me and prior to a "diagnosis", I was terrified and thought I was dying. Well, each time I was in the ER, I was treated very rudely, either like I was a child or a mental/hypochondriac patient. I felt it was very demeaning because I go in there scared to death and not knowing what's happening to my body and need help and I get sent home each time with someone telling me they think I have an anxiety issue. It's very upsetting. So, unless I absolutely have to, no more ER visits for me.

I totally agree...The last time I went to the hospital was when I was taking Coumadin and passed out, hitting my head hard on our tile floor. That time, I really HAD to go. Otherwise, I don't go unless I'm having surgery or have injured myself.