Midodrine And Heart Rate

I'm sorry if I am repeating a question that has been asked but I was curious about what midodrine does to the heartrate. I read that it can cause bradycardia and my SSRI says the same thing. Will the two of them together cause like a super low heartrate? Have you heard of this? and do you take midodrine as well as an SSRI?

At first, my heart rate only went down about 10 points on midodrine. My blood pressure went up and I felt much, much better.

Unfortunately, after a few weeks, my heart rate gets lower and lower and I feel worse than without midodrine. I'm not on a SSRI, but I am on an antiarrhythmic. I tried all sorts of combinations of midodrine with or without other drugs, but could not stop my heart rate dropping after a few weeks.

The metabolism of midodrine does depend on many factors, including other drugs you are taking which may use the same enzyme to break down the drug. In my case, the drug was active for way too long but there wasn't anything I could do to speed up the metabolism.

I guess this is a long winded way of saying, you'll have to try it to see what happens.

Haven't started it yet but my cardiologist just suggested I try this. I have to have surgery next weeks so I haven't started yet, but I am on Cymbalta. She warned me to start with a small dose and to check my bp. She said that it will increase supine bp. I have high bp so I will be using it very carefully.