Passing Out/compression Hose/periods

What do yall do when you pass out? My cardiologist said to just wait it out since nobody in the ER would know what to do with me. I am ok with this, except sometimes when I am out I am out for 2 or 3 hours and my HR is either extremely high or extremely low.

Also, who has worn compression hose? Did it help? My cardio prescribed me some since my legs swell very bad. If I just run into the store real quick, by the time I come out I have cankles.

Has POTS affected your menstrual cycle? I am now a month late. We did a blood pregnancy test and it was negative twice. Nothing has changed medicine wise.. Aunt Flow just didnt show..

Hi, I can't answer the pass out question but luckily I do not or have not actually passed out, I just have really, really bad pre-syncope. As for the compression hose, I wear them, the 30-40 strength and not everyday as I only have the one pair and couldn't possibly wash as often as needed. I find that they do help me a bit. And, I've never missed periods, became more heavy or less but I get really "sick" when hormonal levels change.

Your Dr. needs to tell you how to handle the high or low heart rates.

My guess is with the low stay supine, the high- no idea. He might time you its a reaction (compensation) related

to passing out and OK.

I pass out a lot but like 20 secs. You should get a medic alert too, if you don't have one.

Compression stockings made it possible for me to work. :)

good luck