No Periods?

london

I've been posting so much, I know! You guys are just so helpful and I don't want a million topics on one thread!

I've had an iffy-kinda borderline diagnosis of polycysitc ovary syndrome for 2 years. I had no other symptoms except having a period maybe once a year, and even then it was anovulatory bleeding. From ages 10 to 16, I think I had 5 or 6 periods total. I lost 50lbs, started metformin, and started heart medications, and the pill all at the same time. Now I am off the pill and have a copper IUD (love it), but I still take metformin to keep cycles regular. So far, they have been pretty consistently 25-35 days. I'm now questioning my PCOS diagnosis. My hormones were a little off, but borderline. I had a few cysts on my ovary, but not the characteristic "string of pearls". Everything was diagnosed on my not having menstrual periods. My new cardio thinks that since my heart rate was consistantly 150-200 and blood pressure was always everywhere, my body just decided babies weren't a good idea anytime soon and shut down the factory. Now that I am on medication and have things decently under control, I am finally what I should be.

Anyone else have no periods?

Hi all..... Not sure if this helps with anything, but I started my period in high school for the first time and ever since, i would only have one about every 3-6 months..... Mostly just a few times a year. After I had my first child at 20, i didnt have a period for a good 5-7 years (had my second child at 22 and had tubes tied then)... still no periods..... they finally started coming back again and only this past year and half has it actually started to pan out to a 35-60 day cycle. Im still very irregular, but no complaining for me. Bottom line, i've never been regular and I've had far less cycles than what I should have. I also cannot take any birth control to regulate them due to my vision auroras and migraines (birth controls can increase them you guys!)...... so i just allow my body to do whatever it wishes!!!! lol......

just my 2 cents....

tennille

enko,

yea, 5-7 years.... it was weird, but you could say that i never complained.... i always thought it was because I had my first child, breastfed for 9 mths.... then a while later, getting preggers with my second child, then breastfeeding her for 6 mths.... and it was quiet a few years after that, that i didnt have any either.... usually though now, my first 2-3 days are morbidly heavy and hard to get through now..... sometimes i wanna take that pill that makes you only have 1-3 a year i think, but then, i dont think i can due to the migraine and aurora issues.... plus i feel like i shouldnt mess with mother nature either.....

:)

tennille

i always thought it was because I had my first child, breastfed for 9 mths.... then a while later, getting preggers with my second child, then breastfeeding her for 6 mths.... and it was quiet a few years after that, that i didnt have any either

hilbiligrl, did you get pregnant without having periods? If you did, how did you find out you were pregnant/were you trying?

I got my period when I was 13, and I had it three times, on time, but it'd last eight to 10 days and would be horrifically heavy and painful. And then it stopped. My doctors ran batteries of tests for the next 17 months, and when they all came back normal, my ob/gyn decided to induce a period with progesterone, and I've been on birth control ever since. My periods are now super short, thankfully (I'm on a 24-active-pill pack), but the pain is still practically debilitating. The ob/gyn said not to go off the pill until I'm ready for kids, but I'm approaching that point and am wondering what's going to happen. She said she doesn't think I ovulate, but that's really just a guess. She said she doesn't think it'll be difficult for me to get pregnant, just that I might need some meds to help my ovaries do their job. I just wish she had a little more information me more than 10 years later.

My daughter saw her neurologist this last Monday. He had told me that he ruled out Central Nervous System involvement based on the things you are saying below; she didn't have these same problems. Women with problems with their periods and blood pressure involvement, according to him, have a pituitary problem that affects the CNS which eventually affects the SS/PSNS.

I just posted this question a few days ago. I am now 2 months late (and I have been pretty regular the past 6 months).. My doc has me on hormone therapy to try to jumpstart my period but to no success. I go in next week, so I might be able to give you some more insight then as to if POTS is apart of this.

autumn:

so sorry for not getting back to you..... my short term memory just ***** lately. We planned my first child.... i had been on birth control for about a year, at the age of 20, i stopped and was preggers within... id say days..... Our second one wasn't planned, but after getting pregnant with my first, i had no period all the way up till i got pregnant with my second which was a year or more after I had given birth to my first. Even after that, still no period for a number of years..... (and i had my tubes tied right after my second one at the age of 22).....

tennille