Olive

Hi I'm new here. I am 37 and I have a long history of stomach surgeries ending last year when they removed it. I started having problems with tachycardia so my doctor ordered a halter monitor. My heart rate ranged from 40-150. She didn't want to mess with given me beta blockers and sent me to a cardiologist at Vanderbilt that I knew. He started with trying to increase fluids, but that didn't help. Memorial Day weekend I had a fainting episode where witnesses thought it was a seizure, because I had fainted in February my PCP thought I should see a neurologist. I just happened to be going back to my cardiologist and mentioned the event to him. He said he thought it was cardiac and started me on beta blocker. I went for a TTT that was positive. My hr went up to 120 almost immediately and after 30 minutes of being week, diaphoretic, and feeling sharp pains in my legs I became nauseated and fainted. On the monitor my rhythm and hr changed some (could have been vagal) and my bp dropped to 40/20. I now have a appointment with a autonomic cardiologist/neurologist. Not sure what they are calling it yet.

My symptoms are heart palpatations with sob, head aches, extreme fatigue and muscle fatigue (I feel like I have ran a marathon). When I try to exercise just a little my hr goes to 140 even with the beta blockers. Right now all I can do is a couple of minutes on the eleptical and a couple of miles on the bike. I am trying to build up my strenght because I'm starting a new job next week.

I have no muscle mass because of my previous illness. My ferritin level is 7, but hematocrit is ok (I had a iron infusion in January, but my GI doctor is out sick and new doctor doesn't want to infuse even though I told him I felt better for a while after). I have a lot of issues with hypoglycemia.

I'm very frustrated right now because I've been sick for so long and I just want to be well and be able to work. Reading this forum has helped.

You poor dear newbie. Welcome to our forum....You must feel just terrible! When my ferritin was 4, I could barely lift my head to get my meds and water each morning ~ There are many ways to bulid your iron nutritionally, as I'm allergic to iron I had to go that root. IRON STORES MAKE YOUR HEART work and function better. Doc said eat tons and tons of spinach every day, cook in cast iron, prune juice and blackstrap molasses all are good sources of iron. I crave liver when I'm low and have since a kid, if regular iron is too harsh on your stomach, there is a slow flow iron you can buy over the counter.

You sound very smart, and must know all of this already. Glad you found us and please know you can count on me as a friend ~ I'm sure you read what I just wrote to another new member and the same goes to you ~ I believe all of us who enter here are brave souls, as I peeked in for one whole year after I registered. I was so scared peeking and reading. I would go back and tell my doctor everyone was just like me and it was like someone had been looking in my windows \@ me. Then the day I took the brave step I met the nicest people, but my foggy brain had the hardest time with the forum setup. Other forums I belong to for other things had been so easy I was so embarrassed @ my messy posts calling out for someone to help me. I think they thought I was nuts, but if you need any help with this setup I'll do my best to help you ~ It's a newer setup and I still don't have the hang of it all yet ~

Well newbie, I hope you start to feel better real soon and build up your iron level asap. It will really make a big difference in how you feel. It will be nice to get to know you and get to read your posts ~ So Welcome aboard my newbie friend ~

hugs ~

Bellamia ~ :blink: It's been a rough week ~

Thank you for the warm welcome. The problem with iron is I don't absorb it through my GI tract. I have had my stomach and part of my intestine removed. I have to take B12 injections and the only way to get iron is a infusion. I wish it was as simple as being able to eat something. I think I would even eat liver right now if it would help, but it won't. I'm at the doctor's mercy. I go to see another GI doctor this month and I'm hoping he will give me a infusion.

Welcome Ollie!

A great big hug goes out to you. This is the best forum for knowledge, support and yes hope too! There is no better place than here to ask questions and yes vent your feelings when you are having those bad days. BellaMia said it well-you can count on all of us here! We are more than friends-Family we are and in this together. I hope your new GI doctor you are going to see gives you the iron infusion. You have got to be weak & exhausted with the low count of 7.

Again, welcome aboard :)

Welcome Ollie!

A great big hug goes out to you. This is the best forum for knowledge, support and yes hope too! There is no better place than here to ask questions and yes vent your feelings when you are having those bad days. BellaMia said it well-you can count on all of us here! We are more than friends-Family we are and in this together. I hope your new GI doctor you are going to see gives you the iron infusion. You have got to be weak & exhausted with the low count of 7.

Again, welcome aboard :)

Ollie,

I'm so very sorry to read about your GI issues ~ I wish I had a magic wand ~~* to make you all better ~ All I can offer is a prayer right now and support when ever you may need it ~ B12 is wonderful help, as I think we should all if able get that. I do and find it's a help ~****~ I don't know where you are from, but where I am from the worst Pots pts. get infused. I can't miss mine twice a week. I'm very blessed ! I wish you the best in finding a doctor in your area ~ mwise, was very right, we are F A M I L Y ~ * ~ H E R E ~

Bellamia ~

I am in Nashville. I have not been diagnosed with anything just yet. Still waiting to see the Dr. Did you say you get your B12 twice a week? I had to go to weekly last month because mine was low, but I'm supposed to go back to monthly.