Mri

I had an MRI done last week because of the head pressure, discomfort, and weirdness I've been feeling. It is the left back side of my head as well as in front of my left ear on my face feels kind of weird and numb. The nurse called to say the test came back negative and I assume that means nothing bad is going on.

I just want to know what all an MRI of the brain checks for? I know it checks for tumors but what else? More specifically, would it show anything stroke related or blood clots?

Thanks

Traci

Hey, thanks.

And no, it was brain only this time. what does the neck one check for, do you know?

Several, several months back when this all began, i had a brain mri as well as an internal auditory canal (IAC) mri and both at the time came back fine as well. But i swear, I feel awful and it just has to be something. not trying to wish nothing bad upon myself, but you don't feel miserable for no reason at all.

I wonder if you would find relief if this was treated as a migraine? I had similar pressure at times it would build to a point where I just thought my head would explode and at that point I'd have some sinus drainage.

I really think I was having migraine like activity.

I would get all types of weird head sensations like my head was separating into parts, or a sensation that I was wearing a hat on my head and the feeling would move to behind my eye and my ears to where it felt like they would just blow.

I hate to always get back to this but Xanax is a great treatment for vertigo migraines. I think I also had silent migraines where I didn't really sense pain just a lot of other weird sensations.

I'm glad your MRI was normal.

One person told me to try putting a hat on my head when I got these feelings that it really helps.

I'm thinking because it would warm the head up and dilate the blood vessels would be how this would have an effect.

lieze.... thank you for responding. i've never thought that it could be a migraine related kind of thing. I should look into treatment for that and maybe that could be my answer or I could try the hat thing. Thanks, i'm also glad the scan came back fine.