Medical Botox

On tuesday I had injections of medical botox to treat my recurring migraines. My neurologist warned me that there could be some neck pain. Well not only in my neck in agony, I have been up most of the night, but the pain is spreading all the way down my spine, getting numbness in both my arms, and starting to have difficulty swallowing. From what I can find on the internet, these are all common side effects, but nothing tells me what to do. Overnight I was taking anything I could think of to help, vicodin, ibuprofrn, muscle relaxers and zofran. In so my pain my appetite has completely disappear, have to force myself to eat. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is this bad reaction related to my EDS? Any insight would be welcome!

Sandy

Sandy,

Where exactly did the doc inject you? I have had botox for migraines & suffered from some increased MCAD symptoms afterwards. An atarax (strong antihistamine) usually quells my symptoms.

Your side effects sound extreme- that's why I ask the location of the injections. Try a benadryl or a few zyrtec and see if that helps.

Sorry- hope you're feeling better by now. If not, contact the doc.

Julie