Midodrine

I have always started at 5 mg and 10 but I want to start at 2.5 since I am so sensitive to everything. Can I cut my 10 mg tablets into 2.5 mgs? Anyone taking that dose have tge itchy scalp or tingly body? Im trying to stay away from smoking so I hope it helps the same way nicotene does

Hey Dani...im only newly diagnosed but was started on 2.5mg Midodrine..had the scalp tingling etc immediately once i started it but it subsided alot over a couple of weeks. Was increased to 5mg bout 10 days ago and had the same thing come back but only for a couple of days after I increased. Dunno am i just lucky that its a side effect that subsides for me and im not highly sensitive or its just a matter of waiting it out if you are on the 2.5mg dose and see will it subside.

I have had great relief with the Midodrine at 5mg over the last 2weeks....seeing a massive difference esp in energy levels and im not 'dipping' as much throughout the day.

Hope it helps ya!

Also over here in Ireland im getting 2.5mg tabs of Midodrine...dunno r they available where you are.? Usually its not recommended to split tablets, breaking the seals can interfere with absorption time and release of the drug into your system,also you cannot be guaranteed you are splitting tabs into exact 2.5mg doses when cutting them. Might not be wise, just may cause fluctuating levels of the drug in your system.

Does your tablets have a line or two on them? If they do, they are scoreable-can be cut in half and/or fourths. My Midodrine has one line so it can be cut in half. They are 2.5mg tablets and can be cut in half to 1.25mg. I am actually on 5mg 3xday and space them 7am-12p (noon)-5pm and adjust accordingly with when I get up in the morning and if I am going to be out late in the evening. I do experience the goose bumps, parathesis, urinary frequency and itchy head especially about 2-2 &1/2 hours into the dose. The benefits of being able to walk, work & enjoy some what of a normal life out way the side effects. Good luck :)