I Know Why I Am So Tired And Dizzy

I normal dont take my blood pressure readings because I can get obsessive. But since starting lexapro I have started taking them. I notice that when I am laying down or sitting (which I do 90 percent of the time) my heart rate is between 30 and 50. Never gets higher than 50. I am only on lexapro right now and have been feeling like this LONG before I started that, so I know its not drug induced. I have been saying forever that I feel like im not getting enough blood in my brain. I actually feel better when I stand and move around because I have tachycardia and at least get some blood flow to my brain.

How do I fix this?? I think that is why nicotine helped me last time to speed up my heart when I was in resting position.

Oh fyi when i stand i do have pretty bad tachycardia.

Hi Dani-

My son is the same with severe bradycardia. Concerta has been very helpful with that. He said it helps him THINK (blood to brain!) There has been a paradoxical effect for some who suffer with tachy upon standing that IMPROVES with stimulant meds. It might be worth a try at a very low dose.

What's your BP doing? If it tends to be low & you feel lightheaded, florinef might be a consideration. It has also been a godsend for my son. That triad: florinef, concerta & lexapro have made a huge difference.

Julie

I felt horrible on ssris & snris! I even got depressed, which is abnormal for me. For me, adderall helps my vitals. But I'm on other things too, epogen, ivs, mestonin, clonidine.. When I say it helps, it's not been a cure by any stretch of the imagination. My case is pretty severe. I've reduced my dose of adderall over time & feeling I need to go back up a bit. It works like midodrine, but midodrine had worse side effects for me.

My bp has actually been decent, just not enough blood in my head right now. I think I will start midodrine in a couple weeks.

The florinef I could not tolerate :(

My cardilogist gave me a holter monitor and based off the results, I might get a pacemaker.

Im on a low dose ssri trying to get through the first couple weeks. Last time it really helped me so im praying it does again!

I was thinking about trying adderall. What side effects did you have from it?

Hi Dani-

I'm speaking on behalf of my son (I don't run brady) & he got good results from all stimulant meds. Adderall, in additon to being a stimulant, is also a vasoconstrictor, like nicotine & midrodine. Hope it helps!

Julie