Holy Adrenaline

Day four of lexapro and had a MASSIVE surge. The kind of one where if I didnt have a skull my brain would explode. Lights and sounds still seem weird. I should probably take a klonopin but I didnt want to be out of it for easter.

I went through this last time, but its still so hard to wait for my body to get used to it.

If anyone has gone through this how long did it take to get used to the med? I cant remember for the life of me last time.

Dani,

So sorry you're going through this. I have to say that I didn't do well on Lexapro. It made me hyper and irrational - and I'm not usually a fly-off-the-handle type. Wasn't a good match for me. I was also incredibly spaced out and couldn't drive on it. I hope this is a passing thing in your case :)

6 weeks since it takes quite a while for the SSRIs to reach full effect - and the first 2weeks or so I remember having lots of nausea, etc. I kept waiting for the sfx to pass - and the nausea did - but my mood changes and spacines didn't.

I'm sure loads of others here have been on it since it's such a common med - maybe you'll hear some more encouraging words!

Could your adrenaline surge be accounted for in any other way? Sounds just awful. Hope its less acute by now. Maybe warm milk to sleep if you don't want to try the klonopin? I'm saying this while I'm still up & on here past midnight... :blink: Need to go heed my own advice...

I am not as dizzy anymore and everything seems brighter for me than before... I think I was pretty depressed. I know I have to give it two weeks but they will be the longest two weeks of my life ughh.

It worked really well for me last time so im hoping it does again. I just have.wayyyy too much adrenaline right now but I know ill adjust in time. Thanks again! :)

It wouldn't be uncommon to become senstivie to a med you once tolerated. I was on an anxiety med for 2 yrs with zero sfx but when. Tried to go back on it a year or so later I couldn't tolerate it. My dr said it happens - esp for those of us who are s

Oops. Was trying to say: so sensitive. SO great that it's helping with the depression tho - maybe that alone help make it worth the 2 weeks? I'd still check in with your dr about the surge... certainly dont want that continuing. I wonder if it's toying with something else you're on...