It Looks Like My Drinking Days Are Over

This is one thing that hydrocortisone has "cured" for me, which I take for adrenal insufficiency. I can drink alcohol now without issue. Before I would never touch it because I felt absolutely horrific. My husband could never understand why I would go out of my way to avoid alcohol. :P

Of course I don't overdo it at all and make sure I drink water while I'm indulging. I drink like once in a blue moon any way, so it's not habitual. It definitely is calming for me.

I used to be able to drink, maybe get a hangover if I had too much and that would be that.... but would feel ok the next day after a good breakfast and bath.

Now if I drink I feel really weird - esp the next day like my brain is completely fried - the odd headache, chronic palps and tachy, dizziness,trembles and weakness, I do not even want to answer the phone cos that means I would have to speak and I would not have the brain power for that. It's like my worst brain fog /'potsy' day ever. It used to last all the next day and night and into the day after sometimes. I would be so tired but I could not sleep due to feeling so bad and this lack of sleep inevitably made me feel even worse.

I hadn't had a drink for months and months then a couple of months ago, I thought 'oh it wont hurt having a couple'....how I wish I never did!! Two glasses of wine and a vodka......never again. :blink: