Had A Great Appt With Wellness Doc

Chrissy

I went to the wellness doctor last monday. I was scheduled for an hour, but it ended up being 2 hours and he asked if I could bring in my medical records for him to look at overnight. Then wanted me to come back the next day, but they were pretty booked and the doc wanted at least 45 minutes with me which the receptionist was surprised about. Then my "chauffeur" went back to work for a week, so I'm gonna go back on Wednesday. But he did a special computer test scanning the nerves down my spine and found I have compromises at my C-1 (head, face, pituitary gland), C-3 (thyroid gland), and C-5 (stomach) nerve endings. Then they did a special round of x-rays to look for subluxation (vertebre between spine and head doesn't move when you move your head, so it causes pressure on the spinal cord cutting off communication between brain and body.) When they explained this condition, my first thought was when I first got diagnosed with dysautonomia and they kept saying "simply its the miscommunication between the brain and body". Light Bulb! Second thought was for 4 years I've told every neuro and my PCP about this pressure at the base of my skull. We also discussed how many times I've been put under anesthesia or had an MRI/CT with contrast, he thinks there is too much radiation and chemicals still in my system from those tests. Little does he know I've also had an emptying study, swallowing study, and gallbladder test all done on the nuclear floor of the hospital. So we will need to do a cleanse. He also tested my adrenals by shining a flashlight in my eyes and when my pupils didn't constrict, he said my adrenals are compromised. Then when I told him how they dialate when under flourescents or when I over do things, he said that just confirmed his theory. He said there is a lot of stuff he already sees needs fixed, but we have to take it one step at a time and that it will take time. I will know more wednesday and have a game plan for treatment.

Thanks for sharing this.

I went to a chiropractor who xrayed me and found subluxations as well. I went through some treatments with him for a few weeks but it didn't really do much for me unfortunately. After a while I learned he wasn't very good so hopefully this is something they can treat for you and improve on your symptoms.

I'm very interested about what treatments they'll use for your adrenals. I was given adrecor an adrenal supplement as well as Adapten All but am not sure whether they've helped any.

Best of luck on your follow up as I'm very happy to hear you seem to be in good hands.

Just a word to the wise, if there is any chance of joint hypermobility syndrome (also know as ehlers-danlos type III), or really any of the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes, you should absolutely NOT have chiropractic "adjustments". It would make you MUCH more prone to dislocations. And these syndromes are pretty common in POTSy people. (Or it's pretty common for people with EDS to have POTS, which came first, the chicken or the egg?)

Sandy

That's so exciting Chrissy! It's nice to have a doctor who is truly interested in finding out how your body works and then finding a way to help you! Do you happen to know what the computer study he did to look at your spine was? Sounds like something I need to try. Have you had lots of occipital headaches & coathanger pain? The cleanse sounds like a good idea - we've all had so many tests & meds in our bodies - one of my integrative docs said my body is "full" of meds at this point. Please keep us posted - I'd love to know where all this leads you.

Best, Dizzyde

I'm not exactly sure what it was called, but I think it was a SEMG. It was a two pronged tool that was pressed down on certain areas of my spine and made a pop sound. Then the computer displayed the results before the doc moved to the next spot and pressed down. It didn't hurt, just pressure and a pop sound. Then the doctor shows you on the computer what your results are. It is read as a graph.