Can You Histamine Sensitive People

lieze

Tolerate chicken?

I've had difficulty with some chicken although I can handle pork and grass fed beef.

I'm not sure if it's because chicken is corn fed or because chicken causes release of histamine?

My question is if I can locate a corn free chicken that I can have shipped to me-if i'll still react?

My issue with being on any type of MCAD med regimen is my corn and sulfite allergy. I think that is why I reacted to my trial on the Claritin.

Any meds I take will have to be compounded and yes I may need to be on something I'm thinking for my lungs with seasonal allergies approaching.

Oh I'm feeling the anxiety as I type what a horrible predicament to react to foods, the air, and the meds you take to prevent that reaction.

4 of my dad's 5 sisters have this and they've just been looked at as crazy their entire lives.

Good news is they are all still alive except for the oldest who just gave up and quit eating because she could no longer deal with it.

Well I bought chicken breast from a meat store only that sells it out of the case.

They butcher their own beef there for sure.

I'm not sure if they process the other animals too or order it in.

I have had chicken tenders in the past that I did not seem to react to but had a definite reaction to that chicken breast I purchased there.

My allergist is also going to check me for carcinoid syndrome. I am not quite up to doing the test yet.

I get what I like to call 'clown button hives' from chicken. Big fat hives right down the middle of my chest, in addition to the regular ones on my face. I eat only organic meats from our local heath food store with no additives whatsoever. Those would send me right to the moon! However, if they feed those organic chickens corn, well then, that would complicate things because I do have a corn allergy. I am going to ask the butcher next time; it's a good point.

I have problems with chicken. Part of the problem is also the hormones that are injected into the chicken to make it grow faster. When I couldn't get my hormones balanced, my doctor blamed it on the chicken. He said it would totally mess the hormones up. I'm just allergic, it makes me itch all over and tested positive for an allergy to any kind of bird components.