Feeling Pots-Y Today, And Resting Heart Rate Is 10 Bpm Below Normal.

Is that typical? I got a heart rate monitor at the beginning of the week. My typical resting heart is pretty fast, and while sitting is about 80-82. Today I feel particularly symptomatic, and my resting heart rate while sitting has been 68-70. I get my normal 30 bpm increase upon standing. Thought it was interesting that I feel so different when I'm nowhere near bradycardic.

I wonder if this means that my parasympathetic nervous system is overreacting today.

I think a lot of us have found that our vital signs (BP, HR etc) don't always correlate with our symptoms. I've had days where I feel very symptomatic and downright awful but have pretty normal BP and HR. It's frustrating! Also one of the reasons why I think they're missing something in the big picture of POTS.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to my symptoms... My BP can be low (90/60) and I'm no worse than usual. Meanwhile one day my BP can be really good around 115/75 and I'm highly symptomatic. For me BP does not tell me how I'll feel as my POTS doesn't seem to be affected by it. I didn't have severe orthostatic hypotension during my tilt test nor did I faint yet my heart was 160. :(

My resting heart rate is usually low (60-75), but there are some odd days I have tachycardia sitting. It's so frustrating at times! hah

I hear you on this frustration too - Quite literally there seems no rhyme or reason for shifts in vitals. I read this because today - just doing nothing but sitting my hr is 110. I am on a beta blocker - so I think maybe I'm dehydrated and sip water - nothing changes. It's crazy. Why for months have things cruise okay - then bp and hr go too low - adjust meds - then everythings too high - again adjust meds - and now some of each - heaven forbid an almost normal scenario! Meaning if you b/p is low and hr high - well someone might think you are volume depleted and you've lost your pulse pressure perhaps too. But WHY? Why for months have a resting hr on meds of hi 60's to low 70's and now it's 110 at rest? I'm chronically dehydrated - so there is nothing new going on here other than an awareness that has me checking off boxes for every 8 oz. I drink. I'm at least trying to drink more - but that wouldn't as a rule increase a heart rate at all. I have no fever - I've been described by Dr. Tinkle as 'possible pots' - but basically I think it's just dysautonomia and a bit hyperadrenergic as a baseline. Today I feel really weak and having trouble doing simple tasks - maybe I'll shower and jump in the car to run errands and try to snap out of it - anything is better than sitting here stewing over new symptoms, right? Blessings to you!

I am the worst i have been in a long time, and my usual blood pressure is HIGH for me! Its around 130/80 when i stand. I get so frustrated because i feel doctors only care about my bp and hr and not about all the other crazy symptoms.

I too, have tons of symptoms when my bp and hr are good. There is not true correlation for me. I think that its also my ME/CFS acting up too.