Phoenix Area Pots Patients...

bellajulz

I'd love to meet you guys - dunno about the date though... Already met a wonderful New Mexico POTSY EDS Dinet person -- we had a lovely lunch one day ~

I LOVE food - so any restaurant is good - a bit of a foodie (understatement) I've tried to hook up with recommendations from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives as well as some of the chefs from Iron Chef America battles.

Did you know we have Beau MacMillan (Food Nework's Chopped and Worst Cooks in America) up at the Sanctuary on Camelback mountain? He beat Morimoto I believe on ICA ... Then Mark Tarbell - from Tarbell's on N. 32nd I believe - he beat Iron Chef Cat Cora... Tarbells is a bit pricey - but some items are not bad - burgers, gourmet pizzas and mac n cheese for instance - they open at 4:30pm though I think - And Elements at Sanctuary's practically always open - Had a Kobe Beef Hot Dog for lunch one day - the floor to ceiling glass doors that over look the infinity pool was simply magnificent viewing!

For the aging rockers out there - doesn't Alice Cooper own a baseball Sports Bar/Restaurant in Phoenix? I am definitely an aging rocker who needs to be oiled!

Then there's other places too - Adam Sandler ate one slider short of a victory at Chompies - trying to consume 12 Jewish sliders in 30 minutes - They are soo good.... a potato latke atopt a pile of fresh carved brisket, onions on challah - serious yum if you like a New York Deli atomosphere..

What I'd really like is some good Mexican suggestions (not necessarily for 'the' lunch but in general) - and there are some new spots open - I saw reviews on Yelp - thus far I've had bad mexican - and I'm like ??? this close to Mexico and I can't find a decent Mexican meal - strange!

Anyway count me in for a Dys-Dinner-Date --- Triple D! Sounds fun .... :0) A real Dinet Diner experience!

We need RSVP'S for Saturday, April 9th @ 1:30 at 83rd ave / bell restaurant in Peoria. Please reply asap if you are able to attend.

I thought we could meet at Cheese cake Factory?

Viviana

How does everyone feel about going to email to do the planning? I think it's very difficult to do via the posts. I would LOVE to meet everyone. Lunch definitely works the best for me, and I'll be driving up to Phoenix to meet - or should I say my boyfriend will be driving me up....

My email is jana_tschopp@hotmail.com. Let's get this thing planned! I can do April 9, but the 16th would definitely be better. Email me and let's take a vote.

Arizona POTsies, unite!

Cheers,

Jana

Issie and All,

I pushed for April 16th and am not sure if I can make that date now - so sorry everyone! I could probably figure out a way to do the 16th still, but I'll be up in Phoenix anyway for tests at Mayo on Friday, May 20th. The 21st would be great if we could swing that. It's hard for me to get to Phoenix and it gets expensive with the hotels, too. So...if I'll be there anyway, I would love to get together with whomever is available then. Also, June would work for me since David, my boyfriend, is done teaching at the end of May and is more available to drive me places. The second week of June we're going to Iowa, but other than moving at the end of May, that's all I have planned this summer.

I know I've mentioned it before, but could we email each other instead of PM'ing? That way, we can "reply all" and not have to send out so many messages! The other thing is that we should probably move this conversation to the other Forum that is non-POTS related...

Cheers,

Jana